Saturday, November 20, 2010

The plan:

Sorry it took so long to get back on here. Last Sunday went almost as planned except that no one came forward at church.
  Frisbee was awesome.  I really like to play.  To bad I'm not very good at it.  Although I run all the time, the sprinting just tears me up.  It was Thursday before the soreness went away, so my running workouts on Tuesday and Wednesday took a lot more concentration than normal to ignore the discomfort.  I seem to be living the song by Toby Keith.  "I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was".  The problem is, that once takes so long to recover from.

Anyway, The plan

  I am not a real wealthy person, but I can come up my Relay For Life donation goal of 200.00. However, have you ever heard of a geometrical progression?  This is where you start out with 1 penny and each day you double the amount and after 31 days you have millions of dollars.  If we can come up with the right slogan to go with Run For Their Life, 12 hours against cancer and then get it printed on T-shirts, I can start wearing them to regular running events.  Usually at these events most people read each others shirts while standing around waiting for the start, plus people wear a promotion shirt for a good cause just to promote that cause.  If the shirts sold for 10.00, which most people can afford and if the geometrical progression took place, in a just few years we could have these shirts on millions of people all around the world and finance the cost for the Cure.

  The twist:
  During the Relay For life this year and there after I will do 12 hours of the local relay with my team CHCC.  This year, I received an MP3 player for my 5 year anniversary with my company.  It is brand new, never been used.  I will give it to the person that buys a T-shirt and can guess how many miles to the nearest 10th of a mile that I can go in 12 hours.  In time and the use of media like this post we can attract sponsors for bigger give aways and more people buying T-shirts and guessing how far I can go each time.  I will give regular updates on my training to try and help people make a better guess.  There are always things that take place during my runs and races that remind me of certain key events in my life and I can write them down to help build interest.  Some will make you laugh and some will make you cry.  Well, I guess they will.  They did for me. So those are the basics of the plan.  There are still a lot of details to work out and I am admittedly very slow at making things happen.  The training part will be the easiest thing for me to do because I really like sports and physical challenges.  I will need help with the rest of it.  First thing is the design of the shirts. 

  So put on your thinking caps and come up with a design that everyone would be proud to wear.

  I look forward to hearing from all 6 of my followers.

Have a great life and God Bless

 

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I stumbled upon your blog and can really feel your Christian spirit through your words and it makes me smile! If no one has designed a shirt for you, I would be honored to give it a try. I'd love to talk with you and see what that vision is and maybe we can make it happen for you!

    Charity

    justcharitysue (at)hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete